Energy-efficient pumps are now common and almost the standard for new residential pool builds. The proven energy savings have made these pumps a popular choice by the top pool builders and retailers of the industry, and for pool owners alike.
AstralPool’s Viron Pump has been in the Australian market since 2007 and has led the market in efficiency and technology since its inception. In 2017, we welcomed the next evolution of this range, the Viron XT. Below, learn the basic operational functions of the XT pump such as adjusting the clock, priming speeds and setting timers. If you would like further assistance, try connecting with a local AstralPool product expert using our Dealer Locator.
If using the timer functions, it is important that the correct clock settings have been set first. To change the clock settings:
1. Press the “Menu” (green with 3 horizontal lines) button until ‘CLK’ (Clock) appears.
2. Press “Enter” (blue arrow pointing left) to select ‘CLK’.
3. Press “Enter” to change the hour.
4. Use orange arrow keys to adjust the time.
5. Press “Enter” to change the Min (minutes).
6. Press “Enter” to change AM/PM.
7. To confirm, press “Power” (green ‘on’ button).
At this point, it is possible to adjust the pump's speed according to requirements by turning it up or down at 25rpm increments using the orange arrow keys.
The time can also be changed in 5-minute increments. The lowest setting is 2 minutes while the highest setting is 120 minutes.
To adjust RPM settings:
1. Press the “Menu” button until ‘PRIM’ (Prime) appears.
2. Press “Enter” to select ‘PRIM’.
3. Use arrow keys to adjust RPM speed to the desired level.
4. Press “Enter” to confirm the selected RPM speed.
5. Use arrow keys to adjust the time of priming speed.
6. Press “Enter” to confirm.
By default, the Viron XT is factory-set to work with an AstralPool chlorinator or Connect 10 system. This means the timers have been disabled and the system setting has been enabled.
If you are using the Viron XT with a different system, you can enable the time settings by selecting the “Menu” function until you see ‘CONF’ (Configuration), followed by holding down the “Menu” button for 5 seconds. This will display a ‘TMRS’ (Timers) option on the display and allow you to reactivate time settings using the “Enter” button and arrow keys to select ‘ON’. If you have followed these steps correctly, you will notice ‘TMR’ now appears in the “Menu”.
To set timers:
1. Press “Enter” to select ‘TMR’ (Timer).
2. After pressing “Enter” once, you will now be able to set your starting time. To adjust the time, use the orange arrow keys to go up or down by 15-minute increments until you reach your desired start time.
3. Press “Enter” to set your start time.
4. After pressing “Enter” once again, you will now be able to set your finish time. Again, this can be done by using the arrow keys to go up or down in 15-minute increments.
5. Press “Enter” to set your finish time.
6. This will now allow you to set your second timer. Again, using the same principles as above, adjust and set your second timer.
Please note, by default, Timer 3 and Timer 4 are turned off. These can be easily turned on using the orange arrow keys and the “Enter” button. To disable a timer, use the arrow keys to go back to 12AM. Once there, use the arrow key once more to go “back 15 minutes” and this will disable the timer.
If your Viron XT has been operating in ‘auto mode’ previously, and you are now connecting it to an AstralPool chlorinator or Connect 10, you will need to enable the system function and disable timers. To do this:
1. Press “Menu” until you see ‘CONF’.
2. Hold the “Enter” button for 5 seconds.
3. Press “Enter” to select timers.
4. Use arrow keys to turn timers ‘OFF’.
5. Press “Enter” to confirm.
6. This should display ‘SYS’ (System) on the screen, which will be set to ‘OFF’. Press “Enter” to select ‘SYS’.
7. Use arrow keys to change to ‘ON’.
8. Press “Enter” to confirm.
If you want more information on how to operate the Viron XT, you can always get in touch with our customer care team or download the user manual.